So, I've totally posted about making pita pizza before and this is pretty much the same thing except for one difference... vegemite. I wanted to post about this awesome combination for anyone who might like vegemite and never thought to put it on pizza. Yes, it's awesome.
Vegemite is an Australian thing. It's not common around here, but Aaron's mom sent us some vegemite last year with our Christmas presents. It's kind of hard to find around here but we actually found some at London Drugs. Anyways, vegemite has a very distinct and somewhat odd taste. Yeah, it tastes weird. But in sort of a good way. Does that make sense? It's salty and tastes awesome with cheese. It's kind of like green olives... they have an odd, addicting sort of taste.
The vegemite and cheese combination is super good. Vegemite doesn't taste as strong when paired with cheese. I enjoy vegemite alone as well, but with cheese... well, it's just so good (pretty much anything with cheese is). If you're like me and love salty snacks, I think you might enjoy this.
whole wheat pitas
your favorite pizza toppings
- Preheat over to 375° F.
- Get some baking sheets and spray with cooking spray.
- Place the pitas down on the sheets. Cover the pitas with vegemite.
- Sprinkle cheese over the vegemite. Then whatever toppings you love! Top with more cheese.
- Bake in the over for 8 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Let cool for a few minutes before cutting up, otherwise the toppings might slide off.
I really love broccoli on pizza. I've only seen once place in Winnipeg that offers that as a topping and it's not our usual place we order from. It's so good though. I just really love broccoli in general and on pizza it rocks. This pita pizza was delicious. The vegemite, the cheese and all the veggies, amazing.